How To Use Turkesterone For Muscle Growth (Turkesterone Usage & Cycle Guide)
Turkesterone is one of the new breeds of bodybuilding supplements that have started to grow in popularity due to the demise of SARMs.
SARMs were banned a year ago, and supplies are fast drying up, so people are looking for anabolic agents that can replace the potency as the supplies dwindle. In this review, I’m going to tell you about a natural anabolic supplement called Turkesterone.
I’ll give you the lowdown on all you need to know to make a decision on using it, or not using it. I’ll tell you exactly what it is and how it works. We will discuss the effects and benefits it could deliver, and just how androgenic/anabolic it is in the human body.
Plus, we will discuss Turkesterone cycle length and dosing, side effects, and where to buy Turkesterone.
What is it –Does Turkesterone Work?
Turkesterone is billed as a “natural steroid”, but there are huge caveats around taking that statement at face value. Although called asteroid, it’s only a steroid in terms of plants. You see, Turkesterone is one of a group of naturally occurring steroid substances found in plants and insects.
So it’s a steroid hormone, but not a human one. Therefore, it won’t interact with the androgenic receptors in your body in the same way as human androgens do.
It’s classed as an ECDY and Ecdysteroid. These are steroid hormones found in plants and animals.
However, there is a subset of this classification called phytoecdsteroids. This classification name refers to steroid hormone specifically found in plants.
Many Turkesterone reviews inaccurately refer to this steroid hormone as coming from insects. That’s untrue, this is a plant steroid. It’s found in central Asia in a flowering plant called Ajuga Turkestanica.
Although the study is sketchy, especially in humans, it is reasonably surmised to have been the following effects:
- Helps to balance nitrogen in muscle tissue (reduces catabolism)
- Increases levels of creatine phosphate and ATP
- Modulates secretion within the adrenal, pituitary, and hypothalamus glands
- Lowers blood pressure
- Evens mood swings
- Triggers two anabolic pathways
- It’s thought to enhance immune response
- Improves libido
- Stimulates androgenic effects without being an agonist of the androgen receptors
Is Turkesterone Natural?
I’ve seen a lot of rubbish written online about Turkesterone, and when I was researching this supplement it was really difficult to get at the truth.
As I’ve already said, this is a naturally occurring plant steroid hormone, it’s not derived from insects. So you don’t have to worry about the fact you’re eating something from insects, because you’re not.
What you are buying is an extract from a plant that contains the steroid hormone. When you buy a Turkesterone supplement, you are getting the hormonal extract that is a completely natural product.
All they do is grind it down and concentrate it, then dry out to a resin, and then grind it into a powder to put in the capsules in a concentrated format.
Turkesterone Effects & Potential Benefits For Bodybuilders
Let’s turn now to the actual effects and benefits that you could derive from using Turkesterone as a bodybuilder.
Now I must say up front here that this is going to be slightly anecdotal. That’s because not much actual study has been done into the effects of these plant steroids in humans, let alone healthy humans for bodybuilding benefits.
- However, looking at how they are thought to work, the things they affect, we can conclude that Turkesterone can deliver the following potential benefits when used as a bodybuilding supplement:
- Its androgenic effects in the body can stimulate higher levels of muscle growth then can occur naturally. Don’t expect miracles, because this does not fully interact with the androgen receptors, but there are definitely some androgenic activity increases noted, especially in animal studies.
- You will recover faster-using Turkesterone. Again, it’s because of the androgenic/anabolic effects it produces. It does this by modulating secretions via the adrenal, pituitary, and hypothalamus glands, where testosterone is regulated.
- As well as muscle mass gains and recovery time decreases, you’ll also feel happier. That’s again because of the androgenic effects. Mimicking testosterone, which gives you those calm and confident male traits.
- During your exercise routines, the breaking down of nitrogen in your muscles before it builds up means you won’t get the burn feeling as early as you usually do. That way you can push your muscles harder for slightly longer and get better results.
How To Use Turkesterone: Dosage & Cycle Guide
Now I want to cover how you actually use Turkesterone during your bodybuilding routine. Even though it’s completely safe and natural to use, I would still recommend you use it within a cycle. I would recommend a Turkesterone cycle of around 12 weeks.
12 weeks is long enough to see how beneficial it is, without it being too much. Less than 12 weeks, and I don’t think you’ll be able to benchmark the benefits.
I’d also recommend you do a 12 week natural bodybuilding cycle before. So that you can see how you feel and look during that time. That will give you a good baseline to judge the effects. What’s the point in trying something when you have no idea if it’s working?
So use it for 12 weeks. Stack it if you want to, but for the first 12 weeks, I’d probably advise you to don’t so that you really can see if it’s causing the benefits to perceive. So I’d advocate you don’t actually even use caffeine or any other of those “go-to” pre and post-workout snacks. Keep it simple so you can monitor what effects really are.
Keep pushing yourself the way you were in the previous 12 weeks naturally. So you are progressing at the same rate, and you can see if the results improve.
What you’re looking for is evidence that your muscle development is faster and harder, your recovery time shorter, your mood is elevated, and generally, you’re feeling a range of benefits well above you can naturally.
As far as Turkesterone dosage goes, I would stick to 1000 mg for the first six weeks. 500 mg in the morning, and 500 mg late in the afternoon. Don’t take the capsules on an empty stomach because they can cause nausea.
If after six weeks you don’t feel any benefits, up the morning dose to 1000 mg, and see how you feel on 1500 mg.
If that’s still not working, you can go as high as 2000 mg per day. I wouldn’t advise you to go above this is the ceiling I’ve seen in every discussion around using Turkesterone as a natural steroid for bodybuilding benefits.
My Experiences During A Single Turkesterone Cycle
What I’m going to say is obviously anecdotal to you. The only way you’re going to find out if Turkesterone can work for you in delivering noticeable testosterone/androgenic effects is to try a cycle.
But briefly, just to give you an understanding, this is how I felt after 12 weeks of using Turkesterone on its own:
- I definitely felt stronger. By the end of the 12 weeks far stronger than I had used natural bodybuilding. It definitely had positive anabolic effects on muscle tissue, helped with recovery times, and slightly improved my mood.
- There were definitely no androgenic side effects. This did not produce a response in the body of having excess testosterone, despite me feeling like my testosterone levels were elevated.
- Muscle tissue developed faster than it did naturally. Not by much, but it was noticeable both in terms of how hard it felt, and when measuring, compared to the recording I did in the 12 weeks of natural bodybuilding previously.
- This was a big one for me. I recovered far quicker. Both during the workout, I could recover between groups, and after my workout, I felt ready to go the next day, when at my age it usually takes two days before I really feel ready to go again.
Are Plant Steroids As Powerful As SARMs And Anabolic Steroids?
Look, I want to do an honest review here. Turkesterone is not as potent as SARMs are, and is nowhere near the level of anabolic steroids. It’s not even as strong as some peptides (artificially recreated short-chain amino acids that deliver bodybuilding benefits).
But Plant steroids do seem to have a place here. Despite the fact they do not work as agonists of the human androgen receptors, they do seem to provoke an androgenic response in some ways.
So you will get a response from your muscle tissue both during and after your workouts. You will feel some of the positivity of elevated testosterone, and recovery times through faster repair are definitely there.
But don’t think these are like SARMs. They are up there with good quality natural bodybuilding supplements, with maybe a little edge on them.
Looking at them as a halfway house between natural bodybuilding and SARMs is my advice. If you’re not ready for full androgenic SARMs, then these could be a good gateway to seeing how increased androgenic effects in the body benefit your bodybuilding.
Turkesterone Side Effects & Warnings
Another great thing about Turkesterone as a bodybuilding supplement is that there aren’t any really noticeable side effects.
You will get some nausea if you take the capsules on an empty stomach though. But it’s not rocket science to work out how to avoid that.
Other than that, the only thing I’ve ever read about, which I did experience, is a feeling of testosterone drop after you have used the supplement.
As it’s not raising testosterone, it can only be because it’s making your body feel like it has a slightly higher level. When you stop taking the supplement, you feel a little more lethargic, a bit like your testosterone levels have diminished when they actually haven’t. So just be prepared for that.
Turkesterone Review Conclusion
Overall, my review conclusion is that Turkesterone is a high-quality naturally occurring supplement that really could work.
You could benefit from:
- Increased strength & endurance levels
- Faster muscle growth
- Harder muscle growth
- Lowered recovery times
- A feeling of satisfaction
- More determination
In 12 weeks I saw several key signals that it was working in a way similar to other androgenic supplements. This is despite the fact that it does not work as a full agonist of the androgen receptors in humans.
Turkesterone is one of several Ecdysteroids out there that are easily purchasable. Once you’ve done 12 weeks then perhaps consider stacking with another one to see if you can enhance the benefits even further.
However you choose to use it, Turkesterone definitely seems to be something that can derive anabolic effects for bodybuilders without the side effects which can be problematic.
Where To Buy Turkesterone Supplement
Now I know you want to know where to buy high-quality supplements like Turkesterone without taking a gamble.
That’s the journey I went on, and it took me a couple of years to find a handful of reputable buyers online. Sadly, some have vanished since the start of the pandemic when times have grown tougher financially.
I tend to buy my supplements from Swiss Chems. I’ve used them for three years, and never had a problem with the quality or delivery times. They are still going strong, and have recently introduced a range of new peptide supplements for bodybuilders, as well as a range of natural supplements.
Turkesterone is very affordable. 60 capsules will cost just $60. Each capsule doses 500 mg.
So you’ll get a month supply for just $60. Obviously if you up the dose it won’t be as good in terms of value. Even if you double it, it’s only $120 a month for what could be a safe and game changing androgenic supplement.
But don’t take my word for this, when it’s so affordable, all I can say is to give it a try. There are no side effects, and as long as you got natural baseline to judge against, then it’s a low risk way of seeing if you can derive androgenic benefits without messing around with the androgen receptors or your testosterone levels.